Wednesday, January 19, 2011

3rd day to the....

Ok, I know for a fact I'm going to get sick and tired of counting down the number of days I've been on this die..whoops. change of lifestyle! : ) I vowed not to use the 'd' word, and dang it I'm gonna stay true to my word. I did ok yesterday, still not in the routine of eating 5 or 6 small meals a day. I'm lucky to get 2 in. The night before I made eggplant lasagna. I used the eggplant in place of the noodles. How easy was that? Better yet, how yummy was it? It was good!! I made my own marinara sauce so I could control what went in it. Add a little low fat cheese and some italian seasonings. I had it again yesterday for lunch with a small salad. Being that I didn't get my bread fix yesterday, I took light white bread and had a hamburger with it. Nothing else, no fries, nothing, and drank water. Water is great! I can drink it all day long. Some people have issues with drinking it, they have to flavor it with those little powdered drink mixes. I stay away from asparthame and any other 'fake' sugar. I'll take the real stuff and use it sparingly thank you. I do however LOVE sweet n low. I guess because I was raised on the stuff it tastes better to me than splenda. I haven't tried stevia or any other guava or whatever they call it. It's not that I won't, but I have a budget I have to keep to and the 'fake' sugar seems way over priced to me. My daughter loves hot tea. She makes it at least every other night. I started to realize something after I drank it, it filled me up and satisfied me. So if I get the notion to snack around late at night I instead boil me some green tea, jasmine tea or whatever we have at the moment. It also makes me relax and I end up going to bed earlier than I have been. I saw on TV the other day a product called Fullbar, I believe that's the name of it. You eat this bar and a glass of water 30 mins to an hour before eating your meal and it helps you feel full so you don't over eat. It's been around a couple of years and seems to have a pretty good following, but alas, like every other weight loss product out there, it costs a fortune! I will be going to my first weight watchers meeting tomorrow night. It's a free week, so we'll see how it goes. I need motivation and friends who are in the same boat I am. Wish me luck on that endeavor! I will sign off for now. I have tons of homework for my med class and a 5 page report. ick! Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment